Thursday, March 25, 2010

Adam's Neo-Natal Check-Up

My happy baby boy


So.. yesterday was Adam's appointment at the Paediatrics Institute KL.. Since he was born he got regular appointments there.. unfortunately this time I can't make it due to work.. I have to admit that I'm a bad mother for putting my work 1st.. but if the meeting were to be postponed for one more time.. I'll be a dead meat in the office.. can't go through another week of hell.. so the husband took a half-day leave to bring Adam for his appointment since neo-natal's appointment only in the evening.. my mom accompanied them..

I thought the appointment went well.. BUTTT.. as i got home.. the husband told me that the doctor on duty yesterday.. concluded that Adam won't be walking anytime soon.. since he's 1 year & 4 months old and still couldn't walk.. and the doctor said this 1 thing that I don't thing I as a mother can accept.. he said that Adam is categorised as OKU (Orang Kurang Upaya) and would be needing assistance in his daily life..and he gave the husband one bundle of forms to be filled for a application to the JKM for support.. how dare she said that??!! it's not that i have anything against these people.. but Adam's physiotherapist said that he has no problem..it's just that he's a bit late in walking due to his premature nature.. and he have this huge LAZY problem.. Somemore Adam showed that he's on his way to walk because now he's walking with support from tables and chairs.. it's just he tiptoed when standing and walking..but the therapist said that can be corrected with exercise and massages.. so why is this doctor saying that we would be needing support from JKM?

To make matter worst the husband told me that a nurse (she's not even the nurse on duty for the neo-natal room) said Adam is a Down Syndrome boy.. again..i don't have anything against Down Syndrome people.. but to say that you are something that you are not is not nice.. to say something to a parent after a big blow would be super rude.. and somemore you didn't even know the case..

Adam's next appointment would be for another 4 months.. I'll be praying hard that by that time Adam can walk..hoping that you guys would be praying for him to walk soon too!!



Adam standing with support



2 comments:

fika79 said...

aida..be strong k..just berdoa banyak2..adam look normal and healthy..my cousin's son pun 2tahun stgh baru berjalan..nothing wrong with that.lagipun kalau dia baby premature, umur dia sbnrnya kena tolak bulan yg dia premature tuh..i'll pray for u guys.

wanorizan said...

Sabar je lah Aida, berkemungkinan besar doktor ngan nurse tu adalah dlm golongan yg malas... malas nak baca report2 yg lepas... semoga dapat bleh berlari dlm tempoh 4 bulan nih... amin...