Saturday, July 5, 2014

Makan - Makan || Mee Udang Mak Jah, Kuala Sepetang

One of the colleagues I went to work with craved Kuala Sepetang's Mee Udang.. So we drove all the way to Taiping from Ipoh just to fulfill that.. 

I gave them a tour and some history of Taiping all the way from Changkat Jering toll to Kuala Sepetang.. I even showed them my both my parents hometown.. yupp.. mak and abah's parents lived nearby..  

mee udang

They did order mee udang.. unlike me not feeling the mee udang vibe ordered the nasi goreng udang.. There were around 5-6 big prawns buried under the pile of a normal fried rice.. and accompanied with a sauce that is the mee udang gravy.. It was nothing special that can bring me back here, but if you were craving for prawns, and you happen to be in the area, do come here..

nasi goreng udang


Mee Udang Mak Jah @ Kuala Sepetang
Kampung Menteri, Kuala Sepetang, 34650 TAIPING, PERAK
Tel : 05 - 898 1400 || 012 - 293 1101 || 017 - 469 5026
Hours : 1100am - 1000pm (except Wednesday)

I Say

Price : from what I know it was worth it for all the prawn inside
Food : not that much to shout about just the big numbers of prawns and the size.. other than that it is not much different from any other shops.. 
Service : we were there during off peak.. so no problem in that area
Atmosphere : a normal by the roadside kampung style restaurant
Cleanliness : clean
Parking : theres a parking space nearby




No comments: